If you want to be a faster editor, you need to master an essential cluster of keys.
- J - Shuttle Left (rewind)
- K - Pause
- L - Shuttle Right (play)
- Shift+J - Shuttle Slow Left
- Shift+L - Shuttle Slow Right
- Hold K and then press J or L - Slow motion playback
- Tap J or L multiple times -Accelerated playback
Nearby you’ll find several other important keys related to editing.
- I - Mark an In Point
- O -Mark an Out Point
- ; (semicolon) – Lift a Selection (deletes and leaves a gap)
- ‘ (footmark) - Extract a Selection (deletes and closes the gap)
- , (comma) - Insert Edit (pushes media down the timeline)
- . (period) - Overlay Edit (writes over existing media in timeline)