When you’re working in Adobe Premiere Pro, you may need a new Photoshop file for a text layer or a new still photo. Adobe Premiere Pro offers a useful shortcut that makes it easy to keep your project organized and preserve file compatibility.
- In Adobe Premiere Pro, click in the timeline for an active project. This specifies which settings to use.
- Choose File > New > New Photoshop File.
- A new dialog box opens and self-populates with the dimensions, editing timebase, and pixel aspect ratio of the selected sequence.
- Click OK to create the file. A file services dialog box opens. Give it a unique name and store the file in your project’s folder.
- In Photoshop, modify the file as needed, and then close and save. When you switch back to Adobe Premiere Pro, the file is updated in the Project panel.