As you work in the timeline or source window, you’ll come to rely upon In and Out points to accurately edit. These two points can clearly define which part of a clip you want to use, what section of the timeline you want to replace, or where to remove footage.
Here are the most essential editing shortcut commands:
- In—Press I to add an In point.
- Out—Press O to add an Out point.
- Clear In—Option+I (Alt+I) to clear an In point.
- Clear Out—Option+O (Alt+O) to clear an Out point.
- Clear In and Out—Option+X (Alt+X) to clear both an In and Out point
- Go to In—Shift+I to go to an In point
- Go to Out—Shift+O to go to an Out point
- Lift—Press ; (semicolon key) to remove the media between the In and Out point and leave a gap.
- Extract—Press ‘ (apostrophe key) to remove the media between the In and Out point and close the gap.