In your quest to create digital content, video is a likely medium you’ll work with. Going in front of a video camera can be very stressful. Here are a few tips so you (or your subject) looks their best.
- Bring at least one alternate set of clothing so you can change as needed if the clothes don’t look flattering on camera.
- For those who are prone to sweat (especially under hot lights) revisit the old days and wear an undershirt
- Herringbone, stripes, or small patterns do not look good on camera.
- Keep your jewelry simple.
- Do not wear bright white. Cream, eggshell, or a light gray is preferred for proper contrast on camera.
- Consider wearing a light coat of makeup (typically a foundation or light cream). This is to help you look and feel your best. You can choose not to wear it, but all the top network folks do (even the guys).
- Avoid enumeration or the phrase “Like I said before.” This can avoid lots of problems when the video is edited.
- Don’t be afraid to stop and start over. If you feel uncomfortable or would like a moment to gather your thoughts, please take your time.
- Relax. it will help you look and sound your best.