Once you’ve edited your masterpiece, it’s time to share it with the world. Two of the most popular sites, Vimeo and YouTube, limit the size of file you can upload. Compress the files for faster upload times and better playback quality.
Here’s how to make compressed video right inside Adobe Premiere Pro:
- Choose File > Export > Media or press Cmd+M (Mac OS) or Ctrl+M (Windows). The Export Settings window opens.
- From the Format pop-up list, choose H.264.
- Click the Preset list and choose the correct preset. You’ll find ready-to-use settings for both YouTube and Vimeo. Be sure to choose the HD presets if your source video is HD.
- Select the Use Maximum Render Quality option. This will take a little longer to process, but the quality is worth it.
- Click the underlined text next to Output Name. This lets you name the file and specify a destination.
- Click the Export button to create your file.