If you’re looking for a creative way to tint your images, use After Effects. The versatile Tritone effect goes well beyond the typical sepia tone effect, as it allows you to treat highlights, midtones, and shadows separately. In addition to simple tints, you can use the filter to create stylized looks.
- Select a clip in the After Effects timeline.
- In the Effects panel, type Tritone. Drag the effect onto a video clip.
- Press the E key to reveal the effect on that layer, and then double-click on the effect called Tritone to open its controls in the Effect Controls panel.
- Click on the Midtones color swatch to open the Color Picker. Choose a color to map the midtones to.
- Click on the Highlights color swatch to open the Color Picker and select a brighter color for the highlights.
- Remap the Shadows color swatch.
- Use the Blend With Original slider to mix the original state with the new color effect.