There are five key components to animating a layer in After Effects. Fortunately, Adobe put these properties at your fingertips.
- Press A to Twirl down the Anchor Point
- Press P to Twirl down the Position
- Press S to Twirl down the Scale
- Press R to Twirl down the Rotation
- Press T to Twirl down the Opacity (think transparency)
The following modifier keys also come in handy.
- Hold down the Shift key to display additional properties after selecting the first
- Hold down the Option/Alt key to display a property and add a keyframe at the playhead (CTI)